1 cup rice
½ cup roasted channa dal \ hurigadale
½ cup roasted and deskinned peanuts
1 table spoon poppy seeds
½ table spoon white sesame seeds
½ cup grated dry coconut
11/2 cup jaggery
1. Roast rice on a hot pan till it turns golden. Let it cool down. Powder it with roasted channadal.
2. Mix all the ingredients with rice and roasted channadal powder except jaggery.
3. Dissolve jaggery in 11/2 cup water and filter it to remove stones , etc
4. Heat the jaggery water to boil and boil it for 5-6 minutes.
5. Add this jaggery syrup to the mixed ingredients( rice and roated channadal powder). And start to make equal size laddos or balls when the hotness is managable.6. Enjoy the laddos or thambittu when it is hot or cold. Store it in a air tight container.